Capture Those Underwater Memories Too
By: Bill Armstrong (Contributing Editor)
With summer in full swing, it is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite water activities. Be it swimming at the local pool, water skiing, or flying down a big slide at your favorite water park, there is no better way to keep cool and have fun in the sweltering August heat. Now you can capture and share your aquatic adventures with Sanyo’s new waterproof camcorder, the VPC-CA102YL.
The name may not slide smoothly off the tongue, but that won’t keep you from shooting videos in full 1080 HD. A 64GB will let you capture over 480 minutes of footage. Being a member of Sanyo’s Dual Camera family, you can also take great underwater still photos at 14MP. All of this can be done in up to 10 feet of water!
While I imagine the possibilities of shooting HD videos of me heading down a giant waterslide, the potential applications are endless. Definitely a video camera for the outdoor enthusiast, the VPC-CA102YL carries a $350 price tag and is set to hit stores this month.
• Full-HD videos, 1080 60i (1920 x 1080 pixels)
• 14MP photos
• Waterproof (can be used in water up to 10 ft depth)
• Compact, vertical form factor
• CMOS sensor (14.4MP)
• 38 mm wide-angle lens
• 5x optical zoom, 12x double-range zoom
• Compatible with SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
• Wireless data transfer via Eye-Fi SD cards*
• 2.7-inch TFT LCD display (can be turned 285 degrees)
• “Face Chaser” and “Target a Color” functions
• Mini-HDMI port
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
• Rechargeable via USB port
• Stylish yellow body with gray accents
• Size: 3.37 x 1.47 x 4.34 inches (WxDxH)
• Weight: approx. 5.5 ounces
Check out more information at the Sanyo website.